Latest Public Health England Guidelines for Malaria Prevention in Travellers from the UK just been published.
Thank you to Dr Paul Richards for highlighting.
Major changes are
1) Malaria situation has improved significantly in various regions in recent years
2) 88% of global cases originate in the WHO Africa region. Predominance of UK imported malaria cases and all UK deaths from imported malaria are from Africa.
3) Substantial changes to advice for some countries in SE Asia, S America, parts of the Caribbean and S Asia.
4) All travellers should be advised to take precautions against mosquito bites, irrespective of whether it is specifically recommended for malaria.
5) Mefloquine remains a valuable option for some travellers, following an appropriate risk assessment
6) A brand to Atovaquone/Proguanil combination will be available as a pharmacy medicine.