Our exciting WEMski mini-conference is bringing together inspiring adventurers, leading medics and extreme environment professionals delivering content centred around real-world experiences of extreme physical and psychological challenges, impacts of stressors, excellence in leadership, medicine in the extremes and much more. For anyone looking to perform better in their extreme medical career, learn ski medicine and cope with the impacts of being in an extreme situation, this is the event for you.
During your time with us, the mornings are your own; allowing you dedicated time on the mountains (all abilities are welcome) to enjoy and take advantage of 125km of skiing, in addition to an extensive freeride mountain, 45km of cross-country walking/skiing paths and several snow-parks that play host to international events across the Livigno Valley.
The afternoon conference sessions will be filled with captivating content and traditional WEM style-teaching; covering practical clinical skills alongside informative lectures and interesting panel discussions. There will be dedicated sessions where you will have the unique opportunity to speak with our WEM faculty; plus, for further inspiration you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and gain a valuable insight into how our world-renowned speakers have overcome significant individual mental challenges.
Be inspired by these amazing WEMski sessions, including:
• ‘Overcoming obstacles’ with Eddie the Eagle
• ‘When is extreme extreme?’ with Dr Mike Stroud
• ‘Losing sight of shore’ with Coxless Crew Lead Laura Penhaul
• ‘Medicine on top of the world’ with Prof. Chris Imray
• ‘Ski; ask the expert’ – informal sessions allowing delegates to directly access the expertise of the faculty.
• ‘Working with Bear Grylls & President Obama’ with Dave Pearce
• Applying medicine in alternative environments
• Human factors in medicine
• Medicine, safety & security in remote areas
• Mental health in expedition medicine
• ‘How do we, as medics, stay healthy and maintain mental stability and perform safely in extremes?’ – panel discussion
• Ski Medicine, skiing & cold weather survival skills
• Human performance and health in polar environments
WEMski provides the perfect opportunity to come together, network and learn from the best; while spending time in a relaxed and picturesque environment amongst peers, our amazing speakers and WEM faculty.
The ticket price for the WEMski is £425, which includes:
– Full WEMski conference access.
– Daily transfers from the slopes to the conference venue.
– Sunday night welcome drink with canapes and live music in Livigno’s most popular bar.
– Mountaintop 3-course hog roast lunch in a stunning panoramic restaurant (on Friday).
– WEM goodies.
We have partnered with local in-resort specialists Livigno Snow Holidays to help you organise transfers, accommodation, ski passes, kit hire and après-ski activities. For further information and costs, please click here.
For an incredibly fun, diverse and inspiring week – book your WEMski place today!