Join us on one of our insightful and highly interactive 2 day trauma courses that will teach you the fundamental skills needed to asses and stablise the most difficult of trauma patient cases while working in an extreme pre-hospital environment. By understanding the medical skills required, following a stepwise approach and providing this gold standard of critical care we aspire to, it will lead to improved patient outcomes and survival, quite literally meaning the difference between life and death.
For aspiring critical care and paediatric trauma specialists our Paediatric Trauma and Pre-Hospital Trauma courses provide the perfect introduction and taster to enhance your study and further your career.
The Paediatric Trauma and Acute Care course – often presenting in a high stress situation, these patients present unique and challenging problems for those first to the scene. If you want to feel more confident in treating sick children together with how to proficiently manage traumatic and medic paediatric cardiac arrests then this is the course for you.
Pre-Hospital Trauma Care course – exploring the pathophysiology, primary injuries and secondary injuries involved in trauma, this course will also teach the management of such injuries to minimise sequelae from secondary traumatic injuries and also identify sensitive and specific tools and signs of injury to help identify time critical cases.
5 excellent reasons to attend our Paediatric Trauma or Pre-Hospital Trauma courses:
- Learn how to optimise patient care and survival – our trauma workshops are designed to produce a more resilient, effective and efficient approach in treating critically injured patients (both paediatrics and adults) in what will often be extreme and difficult circumstances due to the patient’s trauma, but also regarding the environment you may find yourself in.
- Further your career – perfect for nurses, doctors and paramedics wanting to pursue and specialise in trauma care both in and out of the hospital, our trauma courses act as a great introduction to trauma and pre-hospital care. They are a great bridger course, especially for those aspiring to apply for air ambulance positions.
- Dynamic and hands on experience – our highly qualified and well-equipped practitioners will deliver content through dynamic medical and trauma simulations, lectures, workshops and group discussions. You’ll learn clinical skills and field proven techniques that will ensure you leave the course feeling more confident in your ability to perform in a highly stressful situation.
- Expert team – our expert trauma faculty led by Eoin Walker, Pre-Hospital Mass Causality Incident Management Paramedic and HEMS paramedic will be drawing on their own personal and extensive experience (many with 15 years plus) of attending and practicing pre-hospital and paediatric trauma medicine and sharing their knowledge and skills used on a daily basis to provide a fully-immersive experience of how to optimise the care and survival of the patient
- Earn CPD credits – for those attending either our Paediatric Trauma or Pre-Hospital Trauma course, accreditation will be offered (we estimate 12 hours of CPD) through the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. Our trauma courses provide the perfect opportunity to increase your pre-hospital medicine skill set enabling you to become a more effective practitioner.
Join us and experience our The Paediatric Trauma and Acute Care course and Pre-Hospital Trauma Care course for yourself. Be part of something amazing and take your extreme medicine career to the next level.
Book your place today!
Other blogs that may be of interest, include: