Our exciting WEMski Conference ‘Mental Health Awareness for Medics’ is bringing together inspiring adventurers, leading medics and extreme environment professionals to concentrate on mental health, resilience and leadership for medical professionals.
As with all WEM events, it’s something special and not something you’ll want to miss! You’ll experience a week of learning focused on mental health awareness for both yourself and also on a team level. We will offer you a chance to learn from your own experiences, as well as giving you the opportunity to enhance your skills through hands-on workshops where you’ll learn clinical and practical skills which you will be able to carry forward and use when working in remote areas. For anyone looking to perform better in their extreme medical career, be able to cope with the impacts of being in an extreme situation or looking to enhance your cold weather survival skills, this is the event for you.
During your time with us, the mornings (08.45-13.00) are dedicated to enjoying the amazing resort of Livigno and ski networking on the mountains (all abilities are welcome). Take advantage of 125km of skiing, in addition to an extensive freeride mountain, 45km of cross-country walking/skiing paths and several snow-parks that play host to international events across the Livigno Valley. There will also be informal ‘Ask the Expert’ sessions as well as optional skill sessions to include Nordic skiing, snowshoeing, ice climbing and fat bike tour.
The afternoon conference sessions (13.30-18.00) will be filled with captivating content and traditional WEM style-teaching; covering practical clinical skills alongside informative lectures and interesting panel discussions. There will be dedicated sessions where you will have the unique opportunity to speak with our WEM faculty; plus, for further inspiration you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions and gain a valuable insight into how our world-renowned speakers have overcome significant individual mental challenges.
Be inspired by these amazing WEMski sessions, including:
- Applying medicine in alternative environments; Expedition Medicine, Disaster & Humanitarian, High-Risk Situations
- Human Factors in Extreme Medicine and delivery of medicine in austere environment
- Mental Wellness and Leadership
- How personality affects decision making
- Signs and symptoms of distress in self and others
- Coping mechanisms to mitigate and manage distress
- Panel Discussion – ‘How do we, as medics, stay healthy and maintain mental stability and perform safely in extremes?’
WEMski ‘Mental Health Awareness for Medics’ provides the perfect opportunity to come together, recharge your soul, network and learn from the best; while spending time in a relaxed and picturesque environment amongst peers, our amazing speakers and WEM faculty.
The ticket price for the WEMski is £495, which includes:
- Full WEMski conference content access
- Daily transfers from the slopes to the conference venue.
- Complimentary welcome and après-ski drink
- Mountain top 3-course hog roast lunch in a stunning panoramic restaurant (on Friday).
- Local booking service
We have partnered with local in-resort specialist Nikki McLeary who also owns Livigno Snow Holidays to help organise your transfers, accommodation, ski passes, kit hire and après-ski activities. For further information and costs, please click here.
For an incredibly fun, diverse and inspiring week – book your WEMski ‘Mental Health Awareness in Medics’ place today!
Other blogs that may be of interest:
- 3 ‘must read’ reasons why you need to attend WEMski ‘Mental Health in Medics’
- What is WEMski? Why is it needed? How can it help?
- WEMski – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
- Everything you need to know when booking your WEM ski trip…