What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
As stated on the NHS website the main symptoms of coronavirus or COVID-19 are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you have noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What happens if I start showing symptoms on the course?
- Inform a member of WEM Faculty at once
- Look to quarantine yourself at once (facilities will be provided where possible)
- Should this be the case, we will assess on a case by case basis against several factors, i.e. our location (abroad or within the UK), how far into the course we are and your personal situation and feelings
What information is collected for courses?
WEM Faculty and Delegates:
- Full name
- Contact phone number, full home address and email address
- Date of visit, arrival time and departure time
- List of which Delegates are assigned to which WEM Faculty members
- Main contact who work at the premises
- Contact phone number
- Dates and times of WEM’s attendance at the training facility
All information is collected in advance where possible. If not collected in advance, this information will be collected at the point of entry to the premises, or at the point of service.
Why do you record arrival and departure times?
Recording both arrival and departure times (or estimated departure times) will help reduce the number of Delegates and WEM Faculty needing to be contacted by NHS Test and Trace. We recognise, however, that recording departure times will not always be practical.
What happens if the course is cancelled and I have already paid?
You will receive a full refund and our usual terms and conditions apply.
I have paid for the course, but am showing COVID-19 / respiratory infection and can no longer attend – what are my options?
You will be able to transfer the course fees to another course of your choice within 12 months.
The customer will be liable for any charges which cannot be refunded by host organisations or agents. WEM will aim to minimise this by working closely with customers and agents.
Are the WEM overseas courses still going ahead?
Yes. We will plan and prepare each course as if it is going ahead to be fully prepared for all possibilities and eventualities. Whether courses go ahead depends on UK and foreign government guidelines, quarantine periods and border and airbridge rules.
(For overseas courses, we suggest you book and plan as normal and we will keep you informed on the situation. If the course is cancelled, you will receive a full refund).
What do I need to bring in addition to the usual course requirements?
- Suitable face coverings
- Hand sanitiser for the duration of the course – where practical WEM will provide this for the full group, but we suggest brining your own supply.
I am unsure whether to attend a WEM course or not during this time, what do I need to take into consideration?
- All courses that go ahead have been risk assessed and considered safe
- Every WEM Faculty member has been briefed on the new safety precautions and logistical changes
- If you wish to discuss your concerns or have further questions before booking, please call our WEM team who will be happy to help
How many people are on each course?
The course number varies depending on the course, the location, and the type of experience. Please email us if you would like to know real-time attendee numbers or the attendee in-take cap. Please be reassured that we have taken the right precautions to reduce numbers so we can social distance as much as possible.
What parts of the course have changed due to COVID-19?
- Part of the course may need to be carried out through online learning. You will be informed of the schedule to complete this task once you have booked. To get this information before you book, please contact us
- Course numbers of Delegates and WEM Faculty have been reduced
- Risk assessments (and reassessments) for each course are taken to ensure your safety