Having reviewed COVID-19’s impact on large gatherings, we have come to the decision to move WEM20 over to the online arena and for it to become VirtualWEM20 (book your ticket here!).
While we understand you may be saddened to not be attending Dynamic Earth this October (we are too), everyone’s safety must take priority.
That said, we believe your continued access to new learning opportunities is also a priority, so we have a remedy…
Introducing: The Virtual World Extreme Medicine Conference 2020
For the first time in WEM history, we’re hosting a virtual conference – so you can be inspired from the comfort of your sofa (or, frankly, from wherever in the world you can get online).
Split over two action-packed days, you’ll encounter the biggest and best content at VirtualWEM20 that we had planned for the stage at WEM20, plus we’re adding brand new panel sessions and speakers.
We’ve worked hard to make sure you still have a first-rate conference experience, meaning most of what you love about attending a WEM conference in person has been moved to the virtual space:
- The reception area where you’ll find your schedule, updates from the WEM Team and our fantastic sponsors
- Live group breakout spaces for our WEM roundtable panels and collaboration with fellow delegates
- Networking hubs that allow you to search for and discover people to chat to, where you can then jump into a one-on-one private live video conversation
- Our virtual exhibition hall featuring showcases from our exhibitors and a dedicated chatroom where you can find out more from them directly
- Your personal profile, where you can share information about yourself with other delegates, upload your picture and be discovered via our networking hub
Conference-specific details, including session times, speakers and how you can get actively involved, will be released via our social media channels and email – so keep your eyes peeled!
I’m a WEM20 ticket holder – what happens now?
As a paid-up WEM20 ticket holder, you have a couple of options:
- First refusal on tickets for our 10th anniversary WEM21 conference next year
Contact us to request that your place be transferred to WEM21 and secure your spot months before they go on sale to the public (you’ll also receive a 10% discount on a place at VirtualWEM20)
- A full refund for those who can’t commit to WEM21
You can request a full refund at any time (no need to decide right now, so no rush). We aim to process refunds within 30 days.
Why transfer a WEM20 ticket to WEM21?
A good question deserves an even better answer: because next year signals the 10th anniversary of the World Extreme Medicine Conference!
And since last year was a sell-out (leaving us with an extensive waitlist), transferring from WEM20 to WEM21 now guarantees that place – which means zero FOMO at what promises to be our most extreme event yet.
Do you have information on WEM21?
We’re still working out the details so, for now, picture this:
- A jam-packed schedule featuring the most prolific convention-breaking, discipline-blending, boundary-shattering medics this side of the known universe.
- Evening events where rubbing shoulders with those same maverick medics is a must – and at which we may even consider switching our waterproofs for black tie (shocker!)
- Plus, every detail that makes a WEM Conference so career-defining: tonnes of networking, ‘get your hands dirty’ workshops, outdoor ‘rain or shine’ technical sessions, and bracing morning runs with our team to kickstart your day.
We’ll be heading back to Dynamic Earth in Edinburgh from 13th – 15th November 2021.
Can I buy my ticket to WEM21 yet?
Tickets aren’t available right now, but after the #VirtualWEM20 conference in October, you’ll be able to register your interest with us so we can update your progress and notify you when tickets go on sale.
If you’re a current WEM20 ticket holder, you can ask us to transfer your ticket to WEM21.
We’d like to sincerely thank you for your continued support and patience during what has been a trying experience for us all.
If you have any further questions, please get in touch.
Refund Terms & Conditions
- If the VirtualWEM20 Conference is cancelled for whatever reason, you will receive a full refund, although you can choose to transfer your funds to the following year which guarantees your space at what we expect to be a sell-out conference.
- For all delegates who purchased a WEM20 ticket before 22nd July 2020, we are offering you 10% off your #VirtualWEM20 ticket.
- Please note you can only purchase up to 10 tickets (unless your original booking was of a larger size).
- Should you choose to transfer your ticket/payment from 2020 to WEM21, and later decide to cancel, our standard cancellation terms will apply. You would also lose your 10% discount for #VirtualWEM20 Conference.
- Refunds will be processed in line with PayPal’s terms of 30 days. Once received back from PayPal, WEM will issue the refund within 2 days.
- WEM reserve the right to refuse the purchase of tickets and/or transfer of funds should they deem this necessary.