DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR WWW.WORLDEXTREMEMEDICINE.COM
World Extreme Medicine formerly known as Expedition & Wilderness Medicine Limited (“WEM”) understands the importance of keeping the information about you confidential and secure. As a result WEM has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our commitment to protecting the privacy of our users.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is World Extreme Medicine Limited of Thomas Whittey House, Silver Street, Axminster EX13 5AH. Our data protection registration number is Z5698938.
The policy (together with the WEM Website Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Information we may collect from you
WEM may collect and process the following data about you:
When booking one of our expeditions you will also be asked to provide certain other information in relation to your medical history, including any pre-existing medical conditions. This information is requested and required due to the nature of the expeditions on offer via the Website which can be physically demanding.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.expeditionmedicine.co.uk (the Website). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- WEM may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our WEM website and the resources that you access.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders. Specifically:
- When you make a booking for one of our expeditions via the website booking engine you will be asked to provide your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and credit card number and expiry date. This information relating to financial transactions will be collected and held by WEM and Leadership Limited whose registered office is at Thorncombe Barn, Fore Street, Thorncombe, Somerset, TA20 4PP (company registration number 04612648)
Any information or data not held or controlled by WEM under the terms of this policy is not the responsibility of WEM and as such WEM is not responsible for its security and/or storage or the way it is used.
How Personal Information is used
The Personal Information WEM collects will be used for a number of different purposes including:
- To allow WEM to process your booking and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow WEM and its medical advisors to assess your medical suitability in respect of the types of expeditions offered via the Website;
- Marketing – see “Marketing and opting out/in” below;
- Customising the Website and its content to your particular preferences;
- Notifying you of any changes to the WEM Website of the services which may affect you; and
- Improving our services
The information or data registered via https://worldextrememedicine.com are not made publicly available.
Disclosure of Personal Information
WEM may disclose your personal information to:
- Medical practitioners and service providers in both the United Kingdom and overseas
- Insurance companies
- Our service providers and outsourcing partners to perform various functions on our behalf. Such functions include processing travel booking, fulfilment of your shop order or providing elements of the WEM course booking
- We may also use your data, or permit carefully selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods or services which may be of interest to you. Such notification will be by email (unless you have opted in to such a process see “Marketing and opting out/in” below)
Keeping your Personal Information Secure
https://worldextrememedicine.com has security measures in place to protect the user information registered on our systems. These measures include restricted access to databases containing user information.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Marketing and Opting Out / In
WEM may wish to provide you with information about special features of the Website, offers appearing on the WEM Website and tailored products that we think may be of interest to you. Unless you have asked us not to do so, WEM may contact you by email about special features, offers or products appearing on and sold via the Website.
WEM will not sell your personally identifiable information to third parties unless you consent to the disclosure of your personally identifiable information by this means.
Except as set out above or as may be otherwise agreed, WEM does not publish, share, trade, sell or otherwise disseminate any of the information or data registered or provided to us to any other party. WEM and any of the aforementioned parties may, however, be obligated and are entitled to disclose information and data registered or provided to us in compliance with applicable law, court or arbitration orders, judgements awards or other legal processes served or in compliance with requests by any entitled authority, body or person or to protect the interests, rights, property or WEM, our users or others.
By submitting your information you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy. If we change our Data Protection and Privacy Statement we will post the changes on this page, and we may place notices on other pages of the WEM Website, so that you may be aware of the information we collect and how we use it at all times. Continued use of the WEM Website and the services contained on the WEM Website will signify that you agree to such changes.
WEM may collect non-personal information such as IP addresses during your visit to the Website in order to improve its products and services.
Use of ‘Cookies’
The WEM website does not use any Cookies
Sale of Business
If this business is sold or integrated with another business your Personal Information may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser and their advisers and be transferred as part of the relevant sale.
You may update, change or opt for removal of information registered at https://worldextrememedicine.com by contacting WEM (use the ‘Contact Us’ link on the website to locate the WEM office and its contact details).
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
We welcome your views about the WEM Website and our Data Protection and Privacy Statement. If you have any questions or comments about privacy, the use of this Website, or your dealings with this Website you can contact:
WEM | Thomas Whittey House, Silver Street, Axminster EX13 5AH