Our contact details
- Name: World Extreme Medicine
- Address: 2nd Floor, Thomas Whitty House, Silver Street, Axminster, Devon, EX13 5AH
- Phone Number: +44 (0) 1297 300503
- E-mail: [email protected]
World Extreme Medicine Limited* (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.extrememedicineexpo.com website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
All your Personal Data shall be held and used in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and national laws implementing GDPR and any legislation that replaces it in whole or in part and any other legislation relating to the protection of personal data. If you want to know what Personal Data we collect and hold about you, or to exercise any of your rights as set out below, please email us at [email protected].
World Extreme Medicine Limited (“WEM”) of Thomas Whitty House, Silver Street, Axminster EX13 5AH is the controller of your Personal Data for the purposes of the GDPR and is a company registered under number 04612648 and whose VAT number is 851 7696 88.
* World Extreme Medicine Limited is formerly known as Expedition & Wilderness Medicine Limited and host the World Extreme Medicine Conference.
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Contact Details
- Course Booking Information
- Health Declaration form
- Email Address
- Customer Financial Information
- Website User Statistics
How we get the information and why we have it
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us at any time, by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails or by contacting us directly.
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Course Booking
- Conference Booking
- Webinar Booking
- Newsletter sign up
- To allow World Extreme Medicine to process your booking and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow World Extreme Medicine and its medical advisors to assess your medical suitability in respect of the types of expeditions offered via the Service
- Administration purposes
- Customising our Service and its content to your particular preferences
- Notifying you of any changes to our Service which may affect you
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other courses, goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Freshworks CRM
- Google Analytics
- World Extreme Medicine websites
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page.
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc.
You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page.
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook.
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy.
Trusted Third Parties
In order to provide certain services, we will share your Personal Data with third party service providers such as medical professionals, IT infrastructure companies and email logistics / marketing automation providers. We will not share your Personal Data with any third party where it is not necessary to do so to provide a service to you.
- Medical practitioners and service providers in both the United Kingdom and overseas
- Insurance companies
- Our service providers and outsourcing partners to perform various functions on our behalf. Such functions include processing travel booking, fulfilment of your shop order or providing elements of the WEM course booking
- We may also use your data, or permit carefully selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods or services, which may be of interest to you.
- Accounting System: Xero
- CRM systems and IT infrastructure companies include: Freshworks
- Email logistics / automation provider: Freshworks
- Marketing Agency: Big Wave
- Website Designer: Studio Illicit
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting [email protected]
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a vital interest.
(e) We need it to perform a public task.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to
- Process bookings of products & services we offer
- Send marketing messages via our newsletter
We may share this information with
- Freshworks CRM
- Venue Providers for our courses (limited to name, gender and dietary requirements)
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored
- Digitally on Freshworks
- Centrally saved spreadsheets
World Extreme Medicine will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
In certain circumstances, once we have deleted or anonymised your data, we may need to retain parts of it (for example, your email address), in order to comply with our obligations under GDPR or other legislation, or for fraud detection purposes.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to make a request.
Data Controller means a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processor (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
World Extreme Medicine’s Terms and Conditions apply when using our Service, specifically when booking a course and can be found here.
You may provide us with information in a number of ways:
- By supplying us with the Information as listed above, on an individual basis by registering as to use our Service or subscribing to receive updates or offers from us.
- By corresponding with us by email, in which case we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses
- Through any preferences and areas of interest as advised by you on subscribing to our online services;
- By Information provided when you use our mobile optimised website from your portable hand-held device including details of your physical location, where you have agreed to it being used.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Service.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- WEM may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders. Specifically: when you make a booking for one of our expeditions via the website booking engine you will be asked to provide your name, postal address, email address, telephone number and credit card number and expiry date. This information relating to financial transactions will be collected and held by WEM and Leadership Limited whose registered office is at Thomas Whitty House, Silver Street, Axminster EX13 5AH.
- New Business Owners
- If we or our business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we will share your Personal Data with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors. If this happens, you will be sent notice of such an event.
- Links To Other Sites
- We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- Children’s Privacy
- Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”).
- We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113