This session aims to provide medics with the confidence to assess an eye in austere environments, as well as make informed referral and management decisions, through a discussion on general and environment specific conditions as well as kit preparation.
- Anatomy and learning what is normal
- Preparation and kit list
- Commonly encountered conditions (general and environment specific) and their management.
Intended Learning Outcomes
- Take an ophthalmic history
- Accurately describe ocular pathology in relation to anatomy and function
- Record visual acuity
- Consider differential diagnoses and triage effectively
- Construct a suitable kit list for your expedition in relation to ophthalmology
- No longer be scared (or bored!) of ophthalmology!